Today is the Blue Demon Challenge: Give Now!
There are many stories of tenacity from DePaul students during the global pandemic. They’re doing their best to stay safe and stay afloat financially while also keeping the momentum going toward earning their degree. Some are struggling to access reliable Wi-Fi, others are helping young siblings with remote learning, or picking up shifts as essential workers. Despite their tenacity, the continuing impact of COVID-19 has created an immeasurably steeper path toward graduation for our students, bringing many to the brink of abandoning their studies.
St. Vincent de Paul believed that courageously answering "What must be done?" would guide our hopes for a better world. We are answering this call for our students through Now We Must: The Campaign for DePaul's Students. During the Blue Demon Challenge, your gift to the key pillars of the Now We Must campaign can go even further in the following ways:
- Career Development & Experience: If alumni and friends direct 60 gifts to the Career Development and Experience Fund, Scott Hibbard, associate professor and chair of the political science department and the Macarthur Foundation will give $60,000 in support of experiential learning opportunities in memory of Cathy May, a long-time professor in Political Science.
- Emergency Assistance: When alumni and friends make 125 gifts to the Student Emergency Assistance Fund, Life Trustee Bill Kusack (MBA '78) will give $25,000 to the fund. In addition, a donor who wishes to remain anonymous will match all gifts to the Student Emergency Assistance Fund, dollar-for-dollar, up to $50,000.
- Mental Health & Wellness: If alumni and friends direct 50 gifts to the Fund for Student Mental Health & Wellbeing, Peggy (LAS ’83, LAS MS’85) and Patrick Burke will give $25,000 to the fund.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid: When alumni and friends make 100 gifts to any scholarship fund, Rick Michaels (BUS ’73) will give $50,000 to create an endowed scholarship.
- Technology & Access: If alumni and friends direct 35 gifts to the Fund for Access to Technology, a donor who wishes to remain anonymous will give $25,000.
Thank you for your gift during the Blue Demon Challenge! To learn more about Now We Must: The Campaign for DePaul’s Students, visit give.depaul.edu/nowwemust.