Today is the Blue Demon Challenge: Give Now!
Today is the Blue Demon Challenge, DePaul University's day of giving, when alumni, parents, friends, students, faculty and staff come together to give back—and this year, our Challenge is bigger than ever! Your gift of any size can help us get one step closer to reaching our biggest goal yet: raising $3,000,000 in a single day!
Your gift to Athletics is an investment in the lives of student-athletes at DePaul, and helps build a sense of community for all of DePaul University. During the Blue Demon Challenge, your gift to Athletics can go even further through the following challenges:
- Men's Basketball Challenge: When alumni and friends make 100 gifts to the Fund for Men's Basketball, Chuck (BUS '79, MBA '84) and Barb Kopoulos will give $100,000.
- Women's Basketball Challenge: When alumni and friends make 100 gifts to the Fund for Women's Basketball, Patty and Doug (LAS '73, LAS MS '88) Bruno, head coach of the DePaul Women's Basketball team, will give $100,000.
- Sarowitz Sports Challenges: When alumni and friends make 100 gifts to each of the funds listed below, the Sarowitz family will give $12,500, up to $100,000!
- Fund for Men's Golf
- Fund for Men's Soccer
- Fund for Women's Soccer
- Fund for Men's Tennis
- Fund for Women's Tennis
- Funds for Men's/Women's Track & Field/Cross Country
- Fund for Women's Softball
- Fund For Women's Volleyball
- Spirit Squad Challenge: When alumni and friends make 50 gifts to the Fund for the Spirit Squad, Edward J. Fellin (BUS '80) will give $5,000.
- Fund for Women's Tennis Challenge: When alumni and friends give $12,500 to the Fund for Women's Tennis, Michelle and Jeff Yergler will give an additional $12,500 to the fund.
- Academic Excellence Guiding Principle Challenge: When alumni and friends make 150 gifts to any athletics scholarship fund, the Sarowitz family will give $100,000.
- Championship Experience Fund Match: A trustee who wishes to remain anonymous will match every gift to the Championship Experience Fund, dollar for dollar, up to $100,000!
- Reach Back to Pull Others Forward Match: Marc Jacobson (BUS '86) will match every gift to the DePaul Athletics Develop and Equip Future Leaders Fund, dollar for dollar up to $240,000. When matched, Jacobson will fund the Marc Jacobson Blue Demon Award for an alum of the Jesse White Tumblers to attend DePaul and work in Athletics on a full scholarship.
- Caldow-Schaeflein Endowed Scholarship Challenge: When alumni and friends make 30 gifts to the Caldow-Schaeflein Endowed Scholarship Fund, Kurt (BUS '84, MST '85) and Michelle Roderich will give $10,000 to the fund!
- The Coach Donald H. Amidei Endowed Scholarship for Track & Field/Cross Country Challenge: When alumni and friends make 50 gifts to The Coach Donald H. Amidei Endowed Scholarship Fund, Pat (COE '68, COE MED '72) and Melissa Savage will give $5,000.
- DePaul Athletics Parent Challenge: When parents make 25 gifts to any Athletics funds, proud Blue Demon parents Ted and Kathy Baer will give $5,000.
- Blue Demon Nation 50 States Challenge: When DePaul Athletics receives a gift from all 50 states, John Koshmider, Wayne Koshmider and Del Troyer will give $30,000.
Today you can help DePaul make history while making the DePaul student-athlete experience a reality for deserving students! Give now!
The Blue Demon Challenge is part of Now We Must: The Campaign for DePaul's Students - an effort to provide immediate, critical support for students in five key areas: Career Readiness, Emergency Assistance, Mental Health & Wellness, Scholarships & Financial Aid, and Access to Technology.